This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Buddy to Leader
This class helps those new to leadership, whether the new role is as a team leader, or as a supervisor. It will help individuals learn how to navigate the new responsibility of leading former co-workers.
Participants will be given concepts to help them set boundaries, establish goals and expectations, provide feedback, and motivate team members.
- Define the leader’s/supervisor’s role, and how it differs from other members of the work group
- Tips for delegating work, and setting goals
- How to provide constructive feedback
- Learn how to build an appropriate work environment without crossing supervisor/co-worker boundaries
- Practice techniques for dealing with difficult behaviors
- How to follow up on goals and workgroup targets with subordinates
- Knowing when and how to ask for help
February 27, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.