This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Writing Effective Emails and Short Business Documents
Topics covered include the importance of good writing skills in the workplace, techniques for decreasing errors and confusion in writing, the 4 C’s of effective writing, how to map out and organize a document, and the most common grammar issues writers face.
- Business writing in the 21st century
- The 5 document types
- Transactional documents
- Financial documents
- Techniques for writing effective documents
- The 4 C’s of effective writing
- The most common grammar errors
- Proper document structure and organization
- Demonstrate methods to share information in an email or short document using the 4 C’s of good writing
- Practice and apply methods for organizing short documents and emails into understandable and cohesive documents
- Identify and apply methods for de-cluttering the inbox
Participants need to bring one example of poor writing that can be shared in the workshop. The sample can be something they wrote or received.
April 18, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Members: $195 per person
Non-members: $275 per person
Call Upstate Employers Network: 864-585-1007.
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.