This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Communication and Conflict Resolution
Participants learn how to build productive work relationships by using effective communication skills and work toward collaboration, and identify conflict triggers and strategies to help avoid or manage a potential conflict. Participants will also discover strategies for working with difficult people and how to better manage responses, especially in stressful situations.
- Determining your communication style
- 4 types of communication
- 2 dimensions of communication style
- Communication style strengths and trouble spots
- Interacting with other communication styles
- Assessment: What's My Communication Style?
- Understanding conflict
- Practicing conflict resolution
- Development planning
- Understanding 10 typical conflict situations
- Assessment: Conflict Strategies Inventory
- Identify the importance of communication skills in building effective work relationships
- Describe the obstacles that impact communication within an organization
- Demonstrate how to effectively send and receive messages to achieve collaboration
- Understand the importance of effective listening
- Use appropriate questioning techniques
- Describe a process for resolving conflict
- Practice resolving conflict situations
June 6, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $305 per person
Non-members: $405 per person
Class includes copyrighted material
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.