This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
This class teaches participants how to engage in formal and informal performance feedback conversations throughout the year. Participants learn to provide feedback for various types of performers, ranging from high potential employees who need positive feedback to off purpose associates whose behavior must change.
- The difference between performance management and disciplinary action
- Effective performance management results in job growth, higher performance, and job satisfaction
- Crucial conversations and crucial confrontations are a part of performance management
- Importance of following a process tailored to individual circumstances and needs
- Making sure that job responsibilities and expectations are communicated clearly and objectively
- Ensuring that your performance management style is consistent with organization culture and policies
- Seeking advice, support, and assistance from others in your organization (your boss, HR, etc.)
- Documentation is vital to the process
- Practice giving and receiving clear, objective feedback
- Manage the flow of the feedback process, and the conversation
- Learn ways to make a tough talk easier
September 11, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Upstate Employers Network, designated as a Preferred Provider by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) will award 6.5 Professional Development Credits under SHRM’s ‘Certified Professional' designation.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.