This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Participants will learn the characteristics of a continuous improvement culture, how to create this culture, and the most effective tools for quickly and permanently eliminating problems.
Class content applies to both manufacturing and non-manufacturing work sites.
- Core concepts of continuous improvement, and characteristics of a culture of continuous improvement, including how value is created
- The value stream and customer/supplier relationships
- Variation, and its consequences
- Basics of problem-solving, including difference between symptom and root cause
- Teamwork and problem-solving tools
- Basic tools (flowcharts, brainstorming, ‘5 whys,’ and fishbone diagrams)
- Using the ‘IDEAL’ process to identify root causes and eliminate problems
- Identify the reasons culture is more important than infrastructure, procedures, and policies in developing continuous improvement
- Define the core concepts of continuous improvement
- Explain how continuous improvement begins with a mindset
- Identify the characteristics of a continuous improvement culture
- Identify the characteristics of associates who are 100% committed to continuous improvement
September 20, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.