This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Succeeding Through Positive Communication
Whether you are just beginning your career or you manage many people, this class will provide insight into the communication environment and offer several techniques for improving your communication and listening skills.
- Understand and explain the communication process and situation
- Discuss the elements of communication situation and explore three significant factors needed for a complete message
- Identify causes of miscommunication and practice methods to prevent it
- Explain different styles of interaction and demonstrate ways to alter their communication to match the needs of different styles
- Exhibit an understanding of how tone and body language affect communication and develop methods for improving their communication efforts in these areas
- Employ the steps of active listening and identify reasons why people do not listen well
- Identify methods for improving communication in technical situations such as instant messaging and email
April 11, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.