This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Interviewing and Selection
This class emphasizes the importance of preparation before the interview. In addition, it helps participants sharpen interviewing skills, and learn how to gather information from resumes, application forms, etc.
- Knowing what you can and should not ask job candidates
- Analyzing job requirements and identifying key success factors
- Planning the interview
- Getting the information you need
- Using questions that get candidates to talk while you listen and learn
- Gathering useful information from applications and resumes
- Conduct a respectful, efficient and lawful interview and selection process
- Use behavior-based interviewing techniques to determine the presence or absence of job-related skills and behaviors
- Analyze a job to determine its major success factors
- Evaluate applications and resumes for relevant information and potential “red flags”
Mock interviews will be used to give participants the opportunity for ‘practice-based learning.
February 7, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Upstate Employers Network, designated as a Preferred Provider by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) will award 6.5 Professional Development Credits under SHRM’s ‘Certified Professional,’ and ‘Senior Certified Professional’ designations.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.