This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Employee Engagement and Motivation
Class participants first determine if they are personally engaged and accountable; then participants will learn how to create an environment of positive, engagement in which associates assume ownership for results.
- Self-assess to determine level of engagement
- Identify the level of engagement of others at work
- Learn reasons some associates aren’t engaged and how to address each reason
- Discuss how the leader’s beliefs (the self-fulfilling prophecy) influence engagement and performance, either positively or negatively
- Discuss the relationship between accountability, engagement, and discretionary effort
- Identify the characteristics of an engaged associate
- Establish engagement “norms” of behavior (guidelines) for the work team
- Learn how to create the conditions under which associates choose to be engaged
- 10 effective motivational techniques to increase engagement
- Understand the concept of “victimization” and how it impacts results
- Explain Belief X and Belief Y and their impact on motivation
- Describe how the self-fulfilling prophecy influences motivation and engagement
- Explain the “Two Factor Model” of motivation
- Use the ABC Model to create motivating conditions
- Use the Gallup Q12 questions to create a motivating culture
May 23, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.