This class can be tailored to meet your company's needs. It can be delivered at your facility, or off-site at our office. Please contact Upstate Employers Network for more information.
Eliminate Injuries by Creating a Total Safety Culture
This class will provide an opportunity to examine the safety culture of your workplace, and learn opportunities for improvement.
- Help employees become accountable through developing the values and beliefs that lead to consistent safe behavior
- Identify the two major reasons associates don’t always follow safety rules and procedures and what to address them.
- The two areas to address when improving safety - infrastructure and culture - and, why culture is more important.
- The difference between internal and external accountability and how internal accountability is the key to improving safety.
- Learn how safety results come from behavior and behavior comes from values and beliefs, and how to ensure organizational safety beliefs are those required to create a Total Safety Culture
- Identify your current safety beliefs and how they impact safety
- Describe infrastructure and culture, how each impact safety results, and why culture is more important in improving safety
- Identify the three major reasons people work unsafely and how to address each
- Gain commitment to safety by using body language, tone of voice, and communicating with others in their own “language”
- Describe two change models and use them to gain commitment to safety
- Describe the process of creating a Total Safety Culture
- Use a specific model to identify and address safety issues and reinforce positive safety habits in the workplace
July 18, 2018
Class meets 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Participants are on their own for lunch
Members: $255 per person
Non-members: $355 per person
Employers Network office; 1004 South Pine Street, Spartanburg
Call Employers Network: 585-1007
To register by fax, use this form.
Registered participants who fail to attend a class ('no-shows') will be charged full class cost. The 'no-show' fee may not be used as a credit for another UEN class, or other type of event or service.
A 'late notice' charge (50% of the class fee) will be charged for cancellations made less than 48 hours before the scheduled class starting time. The 'late notice' charge may not be used as a credit for another UEN class. or other type of event or service.
Click here to download a printer-friendly version of this class description.